Easter is next weekend and you know what that means — a new Mini Egg recipe! I made Mini Egg Pancakes last year and Mini Egg Cookies a couple of years ago and by far, the Mini Egg Cookies are the most popular, so I decided to stay on the cookie theme, but this year opted for Oatmeal Cookies.
My family Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe is a a classic, so I used that cookie recipe as a base and just switched up the chocolate chips for Mini Eggs. I crushed up some of the Mini Eggs to incorporate into the cookie dough and then topped each cookie with a whole Mini Egg. You could use Mini Eggs or Eggies, whichever you prefer!
Mini Egg Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 1/2 cup crushed Mini Eggs
- 36 whole Mini Eggs
- Set oven to 350º F.
- Cream together the margarine, white sugar and brown sugar.
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla.
- Add in the salt, baking soda, flour and oatmeal. Mix to incorporate.
- Gently mix in the crushed Mini Eggs.
- Use a cookie scoop to portion out cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet. Top each ball of cookie dough with a whole Mini Egg.
- Bake for 11 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven, allow them to set a bit on the cookie sheet and then move them to a cooling rack to allow them to cool completely.
The cookies turned out really well. The Oatmeal Cookie recipe is always great and I thought that the Mini Eggs were a really fun addition for Easter.
… and because we don’t need 3 dozen cookies kicking around at home, there will be a bunch of cookies going to work with both me and Byron. I figure it’s never a bad idea to bring cookies to work when you are the new girl at the office.