It’s a big week in Ottawa; Canada Day is Saturday and there are going to be all sorts of ways to celebrate. I’m especially excited because I have some family coming to town, including my adorable little nephew.
- The Black Cat Bistro on Preston Street is closing it’s doors this Friday.
- The Golden Palace is an Ottawa institution known for their delicious egg rolls. On Canada Day the Golden Palace is going to be launching their new chicken egg rolls (with spicy kick sauce). I can’t wait to try these out!
- Ottawa favourite, El Camino, is opening their second location in The Market this Thursday. From what I have heard the menu is going to include a lot more than tacos.
- Peter Hum checked out the newly renovated Coconut Lagoon and was thoroughly impressed with both the new look of the restaurant and the food.
- Warbie at Ottawa Foodies checked out brunch at The Pomeroy House and left disappointed.
- If the billion dollar price tag on the recent sale of George Clooney and Randy Geber’s tequila company, Casamigos, is any indication, I really need to get in the alcohol business with a celebrity.
- Good news for everyone in Ontario! Looks like the LCBO will not be going on strike just in time for Canada Day.
- Top Chef Canada is currently casting for their next season.
- We didn’t get out to eat this past weekend, but are planning on hitting up some good eats while my family is in town. Datsun is one our favourites, so I’m pretty sure we will be paying them a visit.
And have a great Canada Day, ‘eh?