I’m not much of a cereal for breakfast person, so when I end up with partial boxes of cereal in my pantry after making a recipe I’m always looking for new ways to use them up. I made a batch of the Looneyspoon’s delicious Faux Fried Chicken earlier this week and ended up with a lot of leftover corn flakes. After looking through the many recipes on Pinterest that I had pinned (and never used) I came across one for Peanut Butter Corn Flake Bars from a blog called This Heart of Mine.
The recipe looked easy and I had almost all of the ingredients in my kitchen already — perfect! I just had to swing by the grocery store to grab some Reese’s Pieces and I was ready to go. This is a no bake recipe, which means it comes together pretty quickly.
Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Corn Flake Bars
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups corn flakes
- 7.5 oz Reese’s Pieces
- Stir together the sugar and corn syrup in a large microwave safe bowl.
- Put the mixture into the microwave and microwave for about 1.5 – 2 minutes.
- Add the peanut butter and stir to incorporate.
- Gently stir in the corn flakes.
- Add in the Reese’s Pieces.
- Put the mixture into a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Ideally, let the bars set for at least an hour… or you can dig in immediately with a fork.
These Corn Flake bars are incredibly sweet and rich, so I think they are best served with a nice cold glass of milk. I also think these are pretty cute treats for Fall as the colours of Reese’s Pieces really make me think of Autumn.
As with most of the baking I do these days I will probably end up bringing these delicious treats into work to share. And I gotta tell you, there is no better way to make friends at work than to bring in baking. 🙂