I have to make an apology. In my vacation excitement I totally forgot to post the last winning recipe from my Super Bowl Potluck. So, I’m sending out a big “I’m sorry” to my friend Sayyad for not giving his winning recipe the attention it deserves! I mean, really, is there anything better than bacon dipped in chocolate? So, without further ado…
Sayyad’s Chocolate Covered Bacon
(Adapted from The Paleo Recipe Book)
– 2 lbs thickly cut bacon
– 1 lb good quality chocolate, milk or dark (reserve a small amount to grate over the bacon as a garnish)
– 4 tbsp coconut oil or butter
1. Bake the bacon on a sheet pan in the oven until crisp. Baking the bacon, rather than frying it, helps keep the bacon’s straight shape.
2. Remove the bacon from the oven and lay on a paper towel, to soak up the extra grease.
3. Slowly melt the chocolate in a pot with the coconut oil or butter.
4. Using tongs, dip each bacon slice into the chocolate, covering about 80% of each slice with chocolate.
5. Set the chocolate dipped bacon on a cooling rack lined with parchment paper or wax paper.
6. Let cool for about 2 hours until the chocolate has hardened. Grate a little bit of the reserved chocolate on the chocolate covered bacon as a garnish.
7. Serve right away or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Thanks for sharing your recipe Sayyad! Ridiculously easy and delicious. Feel free to make chocolate dipped bacon any time!